Benefits & Works of On Grid Solar Plant
With the rapid advancements of technology in the field of solar energy, more and more people have started installing solar power system. Of the several types of different systems installed across the globe, the on grid solar power system is the most widely chosen one.
A grid-connected photo voltaic power system is an electricity generating solar PV power system that is connected to the effectiveness grid. A grid-connected PV system consists of solar panels, one or a number of inverters, a power conditioning unit and grid connection equipment. They range from small housing and commercial rooftop systems to large utility-scale solar power stations.
What is on-grid solar?
On-grid lunar power system is a solar power generation system where it is connected to the utility grid. The electrical energy produced by the system is routed to the grid from where it is used to run the various appliances. The fixing of the same is also fuss free and easy to maintain.
How does on-grid solar power system works?
The arrangement of solar modules absorbs sunlight on them and converts them into electricity. Here is the Current Direct Current (DC) generated. Solar Inverter then converts DC to alternating current (AC), thus giving it power to electrical objects. This power is then sent to the grid, where it is supplied for day-to-day use. An important feature is the Net meter. It is a tool that records the energy supplied and the energy consumed to the grid. At the end of each month, the balance is entered and a bill is provided to the consumer.
The three main types of solar power systems:
- On-grid – also called as a grid-tie or grid-feed solar system
- Off-grid – also called as a stand-alone power system (SAPS)
- Hybrid – solar plus battery storage among grid-connection
Benefits of on-grid solar:
- Zero Electricity Bills –Though the solar power system is connected to the grid, the consumer has to pay only for the surplus electricity he consumes. The bill generate on a monthly basis determines whether the consumer has any payments to be made. However, at the same time if the user utilizes less electricity, the excess is fed back in the grid.
- Easy maintenance –The on-grid solar power system has the smallest amount number of parts along with simple installation. The exclusion of batteries makes the maintenance quite easy.
- Passive income generation – In relation to the grid, the consumer can charge for the surplus electricity generated by him. It not only eliminates your electricity bills, but also avails the cost benefit to generate additional electricity. Solar energy has many advantages, especially in the cost of electricity and reduction in use. However, there are other benefits that depend on the type of system you choose.
Disadvantages of on-grid solar:
- Grid-connected PV can basis issues with voltage regulation. The usual grid operates under the assumption of one-way, or radial, flow
- Grid-connected PV can cooperation power quality
- linking to the grid poses many protection-related challenges.
- In adding to is landing, as mention above, too high levels of grid-connected PV result in troubles like relay desensitization, nuisance tripping, interference with automatic re closes.
If you want to know more about On-Grid Solar Plant Then Visit here: http://hemgreenenergy.in/