Types of Solar Power Plant
Solar energy is the primary source of our planet’s renewable energy. This is a form of energy radiated by the Sun, which includes light, radio waves, and X rays, although this term usually refers to the visible light of the sun. A solar power plant is base on the conversion of sunbeams to electrical energy, whichever directly using photo voltaic (PV), or indirectly using concerted solar energy (CSP). Converts photo voltaic light into light under electric current
Solar energy proves to be an abundant energy source in this scenario, which can be used. There is currently no new concept for solar power from generation to generation. Solar energy is getting clean (pollution-free), silent, infinite and free current energy will play a great role in the time of civilization.
Solar energy is useful in various ways, some are as listed:
- Produce electricity using photo voltaic solar cells.
- Produce electricity using concentrated solar power.
- Produce electricity by heating trapped air which rotates turbines in a solar updraft tower.
- Produce hydrogen using photo electro chemical cells.
- High temperature and cool air through use of solar chimneys.
- Photo voltaic solar energy plant: This is a suitable alternative for normal electrical energy which is used to power the electrical appliances in homes. Photo voltaic cells will capture the energy generated from the sun and convert it to electricity.
- Solar Thermal energy plant: A solar thermal power plant will be used to make a solar generator heater which can be used for heating the water and as an indoor heating system. Dermal cells will be used to capture the energy generated by the sun and then to turn it into heat
- Concentrating power plant: The method of functioning of these solar power plants is similar to the photo voltaic solar power plants. The extra addition to these concentrated power plants is that they use mirrors and lenses to capture energy from the sun’s rays. Light from the sun will be directed towards photo voltaic cells and they will be converted into heat energy. Generally, very large companies use these concentrated power plants for the use of solar energy.
Advantages to Solar Power Plant:
- It saves on electric bills
- It qualifies for tax breaks
- Cost of going solar has dropped
- It benefits the environment
- It increases fuel independence
Disadvantage Solar Power Plant:
- Cloudy days do not produce much energy
- High original costs for material and installation and long ROI
- Lower production in the winter months
- No solar power at night so there is a require for a large battery bank
- Educational Institutions
- Government Offices
- Commercial Establishments
- Petrol Pumps
- Construction Companies
- Water Pumps
- Community Centers
If you want to know more about Solar Power Plant Then Visit here: http://hemgreenenergy.in/